Press Release Details
Magenta Therapeutics Presents New Preclinical Data on MGTA-145 Stem Cell Mobilization Product Candidate
- A single dose of MGTA-145 mobilized large numbers of hematopoietic stem cells in hours that engrafted robustly in primates
- MGTA-145-mobilized cells blocked graft-vs.-host disease (GvHD) in preclinical models
- MGTA-145 to enter the clinic in the first half of 2019
“Seventy percent of the bone marrow transplants performed in the US and
MGTA-145 in Combination with
Key results, presented by
- MGTA-145 works synergistically with plerixafor, another agent for stem cell mobilization, to rapidly mobilize large numbers of stem cells.
- A single injection of MGTA-145 plus plerixafor mobilized sufficient stem cells for transplant within five hours in non-human primates.
- A single injection of MGTA-145 plus plerixafor mobilized 2 to 3 times the number of stem cells in four hours compared to the number mobilized over five days with standard of care agent G-CSF in non-human primates.
- When the cells mobilized with MGTA-145 plus plerixafor were transplanted into a non-human primate model, they rapidly engrafted.
- MGTA-145 plus plerixafor led to a 3-fold increase in immunosuppressive monocytes mobilized over G-CSF – and the mobilized cells blocked GvHD, a significant challenge in allogeneic bone marrow transplant.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including express or implied statements regarding Magenta’s future expectations, plans and prospects, including projections regarding future revenues and financing performance, our long-term growth, the anticipated timing of our clinical trials and regulatory filings, the development of our product candidates and advancement of our preclinical programs, as well as other statements containing the words “anticipate,” “believe,” “continue,” “could,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” might,” “plan,” “potential,” “project,” “should,” target,” “will” or “would” and similar expressions that constitute forward-looking statements under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Although Magenta's forward-looking statements reflect the good faith judgment of its management, these statements are based only on facts and factors currently known by Magenta. As a result, you are cautioned not to rely on these forward-looking statements. These and other risks concerning Magenta's programs and operations are described in additional detail in its registration statement on Form S-1, its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q and its other filings made with the
Manisha Pai, Vice President, Communications & Investor Relations